Tuesday, March 30, 2010

BLOCKED! PLEASE STAND BY...

(Venice, Italy) ...and I will tell you why.

My computer connection at home went down yesterday around noon. Well, it didn't go down. Sometimes it connected. Then it did not connect; it connected partially; then my Google certificate was fake; then my Gmail connection could not be trusted. After seven hours, I gave up and watched "Zoolander" starring Ben Stiller as a male model brainwashed by the fashion industry to kill the new Prime Minister of Malaysia because he promised to get rid of child labor.

So now I am over at the renown Querini Stampali, the scene of many previous Internet blocks. I arrived about 1PM. First my brand new password did not work. I switched computers. The computer that was working fine before I sat down suddenly lost its signal. I switched again. My password was not correct. I asked to speak to the person in charge. I had to wait until 2:00PM. I read the International Herald Tribune and learned that President Sarkozy of France was meeting with President Obama of the USA.

I won't repeat the entire story, but part of it included me hollering in the library that I would make a scene so they could call the police and file a denuncia against me. More confusion. It then turned out that my password wasn't blocked; it was my account itself. The next reason was that I had typed the password incorrectly. Then yet another computer went down. I got it up and running again myself. My account and password suddenly functioned. But when I signed in, the clock needed to be reset and YOU COULD ONLY DO THAT IF YOU WERE A TECH WITH A PASSWORD.

Anyway, as you can see, I am now sitting at a functioning computer, and apparently the clock at the previous computer magically reset itself for the next person. Of course, the first thing I wanted to know was why this happened, so I googled "President Sarkozy" together with "President Obama." I suggest you try it yourself. Those who are up on current events will understand immediately what is going on.

NOTE TO OBSTRUCTERS: I was planning on writing something else entirely; nothing to do with politics at all, but whenever you waste my time in such a fashion, I always want to know why!

Here in Venice, today we have just gotten a new mayor named Giorgio Orsoni. I have purposely stayed out of local politics, and have no opinion. The only thing I care about right now is that my Internet connection works and that unnecessary, time wasting obstructions are no longer a hindrance. So I say congratulations to Mayor Orsoni, and wish him all the best. Onward!

Ciao from Venice,
Cat
Venetian Cat - The Venice Blog

5 comments:

  1. But what were you originally going to blog about? C'mon, if you don't blog what you wanted to blog the terrorists win (or something like that...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try googling Paranoid schizophrenia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peni, I was actually going to write something inconsequential about a local bookstore. I keep trying to get this blog back to what is was supposed to be about, which is ART, CULTURE, HISTORY, FILM FESTIVAL, LA BIENNALE, ARCHITECTURE, etc., but they keep doing annoying things. Their tactics don't even reach the level of puberty.

    Here is a comment that I will publish from someone named "Cynthia," -- without a last name -- they never have the guts to leave their real names. However, I will not publish the link to her blog because the last thing I want to do is interact with these kinds of people, who seem to have an obsession about interacting with me.

    Cynthia's comment:
    "Try googling Paranoid schizophrenia."

    Cynthia, I read what you wrote about Arrigo Cipriani (and others), and understand well the powers behind you. Don't you people have anything better to do? Thank you for stopping by. Should you ever come up with anything intelligent to say, backed up with facts, details, and witnesses, together with your full name and a list of your credentials, perhaps I will publish your comments in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still paranoid I see...really, don't you think it is about time you get over yourself and your persecution complex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are now in the year 2014, and Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning, Wikileaks, etc., have confirmed that what I have been saying for years, based upon personal experience, is true -- the NSA is tapping our phones, reading our email, messing with the internet, posing on Facebook, hacking into private accounts through online gaming apps like ANGRY BIRDS, etc. Now, in the year 2014, I still stand strongly by what I said years ago, and continue to say to this day: the United States government has deliberately interfered in my life to an outrageous extent -- these Anonymous comments are a good example of their behavior. According to Google Analytics, for months on end someone in California obsessively reached this blog by googling "cat bauer + paranoia." Another out of Chicago obsessively googled "is cat bauer crazy?" Considering what has happened since this post was written four years ago, both on a personal level and an international level, that I continue to function on a high level after being subjected to an intense defamation campaign attests to my clarity of mind and strength of character.

    ReplyDelete